BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

DISPLAY ORDER

Polar Bear
Booster
Hello Group,

When i set display order on a layout, and i navigate on another layout to work on an under slab insulation element, for exemple, going back to the earlier layout and all the display order setting are gone. Extremely annoying. Something i still have not understood ...?

Thanks
m
Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Polar Bear,
Did you save the ViewMap after doing the display order changes?
Polar Bear
Booster
Thanks,

No, i wouldn't know how to do.... However, i do redefine with current window.

I searched a bit on this display order setting thing, and it is a terribly complicated thing (and necessary???)... I've been at it the whole morning and couldn't get any design done while trying to decode the software... pardon my frustration, i am only six months old to archicad and till now, as much as design is a good experience, (coming from revit), documentation has been a so so experience on archicad till now...
Archicad 25 - 5010
Anonymous
Not applicable
POLAR wrote:
However, i do redefine with current window.
Sorry. I meant redefine, but write save.
I found display order pretty straight forward. I have never had thee kind o issues.
Can you post some screenshots of your ViewMap and View Settings?
Also check for some Graphic Overrides or Model View Options for any inconsistency.
Polar Bear
Booster
As far as i have tested, save view setting doesn't record the display order. Last week, after completing some drawings, i set to print, go to site.... and some earlier sheets dimensions were half visible. I had probably bring some stuff in front of it, and yes it's my ignorance. But as a new user, the load of formatting one needs to get used to is a lot...
Archicad 25 - 5010
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you are changing the Display Order of elements placed on a Layout, it has nothing to do with the View Map.
What are you changing the Display Order of? A Drawing placed on a Layout? A Line or Fill placed on a Layouts?
Screenshots would be helpful.

By the way, if you activate the Window > Palettes > Element Information Palette, and select an element, the Element Information Palette will display the Display Order Number of the selected Element.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Polar Bear
Booster
Thanks

I was changing the display order to stuff like walls, grid line, floor etc.

And indeed, it is very sensitive. Once it is set, one should be careful not to play around with it, otherwise some surprises might occur while sending some drawing to site... (if one hasn't checked the drawings)...
Archicad 25 - 5010
Lingwisyer
Guru
I think you are using misleading terminology...
  • Project Map: the raw drawings
  • View Map: your drawings with specific layer combos, pens, etc...
  • Layout Book: the pages that are published
  • Publisher Set: groups of layouts with defined publish settings
Given you are modifying walls and slabs, you are on a drawing that you have accessed via the Project or View Map rather than a layout?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
POLAR wrote:
I was changing the display order to stuff like walls, grid line, floor etc.

If you are changing these in any view (i.e. a plan view) then it will affect all other plan views as well (and hence all layouts).
The display order is not saved in individual views.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Polar Bear
Booster
Thanks a lot for the clarification. It will help my future communications.

Frankly, i am struggling to frustration level producing construction drawing 😕 Hence this group is very helpful... Thanks!
Archicad 25 - 5010
Learn and get certified!