Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Datasmith Palette Missing in Archicad 25.

Arshdeep Singh
Participant

Greetings All,

I recently installed the Datasmith Plugin from the Unreal Engine Webpage, as directed at the Graphisoft website, for Archicad 24 & 25. According to the procedure there should be a Datasmith Palette under the Windows > Palettes . However, for some reason there isn't. I even checked in Add-On Manager, there it shows an entry of Datasmith installed correctly but with a message that, "The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this Archicad version."

Surprisingly, My Archicad 24 & 25 are up to date, so is my Twinmotion and Datasmith Plugin. If anyone knows how this issue can be resolved please guide me towards it. I have attached a screenshot for reference.Datasmith Issues.jpg.

Thanks and Have a Great Day !

15 REPLIES 15
Barry Kelly

Do you have the latest build of Archicad 25?

As in build 4013?

Maybe that is the problem.

I believe this is acting as a completely new version of Archicad.

Build 4013 can open older build 25 files, but the old builds of 25 can not open the new build files - just like version 24 can not open version 25 files.

Therefore the Datasmith add-on may need to be re-compiled to suit the latest build of 25 - just like it had to be re-compiled when we changed from 24 to 25.

Effectively we have changed versions from 25.1 to 25.2

I might be wrong, but that is my hunch.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
sedley
Booster

There is no Datasmith palette for AC25 as in the previous versions.

You have to save the project as a Datasmith file type then import it into Twinmotion.

hope that helps.

Sedley Jeffers
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Archicad 26 Full USA - Cadimage & Twinmotion
MacBook Pro M1 16", 64GB RAM. OSX Monterey

Hi Sedley,

Thanks a lot for the response. Interestingly, I saw a video on YouTube uploaded by Twinmotion (link attached below) that shows how the datasmith palette is supposed to work. However I suppose I might have to wait for another plugin update.

Thanks again Sedley, Have a Good One !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3fQvegazzY 

Hello Barry !

I really appreciate your response. I also suspect the same thing but for me what's confusing me is the fact that when I install the plugin it gets installed for Archicad 24 that I also own but the plugin doesn't seem to work for 24 even.

Anyways many thanks for your reply. Please do let me know if I could be of any assistance to you. 

Thanks and Have a Great Day !

sedley
Booster

Hey Singh

Thanks for that info.

Now I'm happy again.

Sedley Jeffers
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Archicad 26 Full USA - Cadimage & Twinmotion
MacBook Pro M1 16", 64GB RAM. OSX Monterey
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

Unfortunately, the addon is developed entirely by Epic Games. We tested the addon here and did not encounter any similar problems. If reinstallation doesn't help, I suggest reaching out directly to Twinmotion support for further investigation.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Minh, thanks for the response. I have a question though. Is it possible that the new datasmith plugin is not usable for the people who have a monthly subscription of Archicad ?

However I reinstalled the latest versions of both Archicad 25 and Datasmith plugin but still the same is issue. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Hello,

Thank you for the question!

As far as I know, the addon itself does not consider the license type you are using. But this can be answered by the Twinmotion support better.

I'm wondering if you have contacted them about your issue yet?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Greetings Minh,

Yes, I have dropped a report as directed by the Twinmotion support system but have not received anything from their side as yet. I believe if this issue does not gets sorted out soon I might have to either switch to Revit or vectorworks and try datasmith there or maybe switch to Lumion.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the assistance. Take Care !