BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail New construction and existing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

We have a problem went we do existing and new construction utilization in our plans. Went we do a detail we can't put new construction in the view setting. In the view setting we do still have yellow triangle that indicate a problems.

For the solution we have to select everything in the detail and put it in existing went it is new construction.

Waiting for the reel solution

View settings.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It doesn't work for cloned views of the details, but you can select all the details and set it as a manual override. Seems like a bug to me.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Structure Display and Renovation Filter fields and not enabled for Views when:
1. The Section/Elevation etc. Marker is a Source Marker (not linked Marker or unlinked Marker).
and
2. The status of Section/Elevation is not set to "Auto-rebuild Model" in the Section/Elevation Settings Dialog.

So just change it back to "Auto-rebuild Model" and both fields will be editable.

More info about this is in the below article. I think applies to both grayed fields of the View Settings Dialog:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19-int-reference-guide/views-of-the-virtual-buildin...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Every point you mention is the way we work

1. section is a source marker
2. Auto rebuild

and it just doesn't work ? is there a bug with this
section set-up.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This Section Settings Dialog does not belong to the View you showed in your first image. The source names are different.
What are the setting of the Viewpoint to which that View belongs?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The first is a detail that we did in the last view we send you. All the problem is went we do a detail in a section or elevation we get the first view we send
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, so if I understand correctly, you have a Section and then you place a Detail Marker in the Section, open the Detail and then you save a View of the Detail. But when saving the View you cannot set the Renovation Filter.

What you need to do is set the Partial Structure Display setting and the Renovation Filter setting in the Section BEFORE saving the View in the Detail. Then the saved Detail View will use the settings you set in the Section (it will still be grayed but will use the settings you want).

However, it seems to me that you cannot redefine these setting of a saved View. You can only create a new View.

I think this may be a logical/technological limitation of ARCHICAD. What I think happens here is this: we have a Section which is a generated Viewpoint and has its Renovation Settings. Then we have a Detail in that Section, and that Detail is also a generated Viewpoint, but it is based on another generated Viewpoint (the Section).
So consider the case where the Reno Filter of the Section (e.g. Demo state) is different from the Reno Filter of the Detail (e.g. New construction) within the Section. To generate the Section View with its settings, ARCHICAD looks at the Reno Filter (Demo state) and generates it accordingly. But to generate the Detail View within the Section, it would have to generate the Section first (New construction) and then generate the Detail (New construction) based on that. But the Section generated for this would be used only for this purpose since otherwise the Section View has a different Reno Filter defined. Maybe this is the technological limitation that is the reason which those two fields are grayed when saving a View in a Detail/Worksheet that is based on a generated Viewpoint (Section/ELevation/etc.)
Learn and get certified!