Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Tool Problem

toman311
Enthusiast
I am trying to draw a detail of a wall section. I put the detail bubble in, but when I go to the detail view, all of my complex profiles do not show up?! Why is this? I thought the detail tool copied whatever is enclosed within the bubble to a new view for further detailing?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Show all layers.
Some of the components will be on layers not turned on in the layer combo you may be using for details.
The quick layer palette is great for this.
toman311
Enthusiast
It doesn't seem to be that way for me. I tried deleting anything that would be over it to see if the complex profiles were underneath something, but that didn't work. I tried turning on all of the layers too and that still didn't work.

Apparently, when I choose the option, "Rebuild from Source View" the complex profiles show up. I am glad there is an answer.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB