Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Different Layout Sets

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I'm missing something super basic here... but I can't seem to find a solution.

I plan to keep two different set of plans: Permit Set and Construction Set. But the problem is, I only have one set of layout, and I can't seem to create a new one. The Sheet Number is what's bugging me, I can't simply create two publisher sets.
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
You can try using Folders - See Attached or you could use another Archicad file for Layouts only, keeping the model and construction set in one and linking to the CD model and having the Permit Set on another.
Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 4.36.18 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot, I think I'll use folders for now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait... it still doesn't solve the Sheet number problem. I don't get the right sheet numbers -_-. I guess I'll follow your instructions and save two separate files.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
alexwang32 wrote:
Wait... it still doesn't solve the Sheet number problem. I don't get the right sheet numbers -_-.
Select the Folder that contains the set, open its Settings... and look at the options. If this does not work, try posting exactly what you are trying to accomplish for better advice.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for not clarifying. You see the layout settings only govern the Layout IDs, there doesn't seem to be one that controls the Sheet Number... I mean the total number of sheet instead of the sequence number of the sheet ( which is it's ID ). See attached image.
Clipboard01.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think this is possible to achieve with Autotext the way you intend if you have Permit Set and Construction Set in the same Layout Book.
This is because these two Autotext item: Layout Number and Number of Layouts are calculated based on the whole Layout Book.
Actually it may be a good wish to have "Layout Number in Current Folder" and "Number of Layouts in Current Folder" Autotexts. Then it would be possible to do.

So if you want only one Layout set per PLN file, you have several options:
1. File A has model and Permit Set Layouts, File B has CD Layouts with Drawings based on External Views (coming from File A).
2. File A has model, File B and File C only have Layouts (B has Permit Set, C has CD Set). Both have Layouts with Drawings based on External Views (coming from File A).
3. File A has model, you publish PMK files from it for both Permit Set and CD Set. You place Permit Set PMKs in File B layouts. You place CD Set PMKs in File C layouts.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I think I'll use option 1.
Eduardo Rolon
I would switch option 1 to:

File A with CD layouts and File B with Permit Drawings since you will spend more time on CDs than the permit set.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Stress Co_
Advisor
Or just use TEXT and MANUALLY update.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)