BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Different Level Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I measure the plan at different floor heights, it measures as if it were at the same level. The interesting thing is there's nothing on the lower floor. Including the stairs. But there's actually a difference.
16 REPLIES 16
zsvnc wrote:
When I measure the plan at different floor heights, it measures as if it were at the same level. The interesting thing is there's nothing on the lower floor. Including the stairs. But there's actually a difference.
You will need to clarify that question. Are you talking about using the Level Dimension Tool?
2018-01-25_23-06-35.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
zsvnc wrote:
You will need to clarify that question. Are you talking about using the Level Dimension Tool?
I put "level dimension" on the tiles at different heights. But it seems to be the same value. Actually, someone has to be "+ 3.00" and the other one should normally be "0.00." But the "level dimension" seems to be the same value wherever I put it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
zsvnc wrote:
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
zsvnc:

To use the Level Dimension Tool, the Slab must be on a visible Layer, you need to select the Slab option under Gravity, and you need to place it on the Slab. In your screen shot it looks like you are trying to place it in the void over the space below.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
zsvnc:

To use the Level Dimension Tool, the Slab must be on a visible Layer, you need to select the Slab option under Gravity, and you need to place it on the Slab. In your screen shot it looks like you are trying to place it in the void over the space below.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
You understand the problem correctly but it didn't work.. I dont know why?
Anonymous
Not applicable
"David Maudlin" wrote:
zsvnc:

David
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Level Dimensions are for plan only. You need to use the Linear Dimension set to Elevation type when working in elevations and sections.

Cheers,
Link.
Barry Kelly
The level dimension tool will only 'lock' to a slab, roof, mesh or shell in the plan view.
It will not dimension anything else (such as stair treads) or if there is a void.

In version 21 there is no need to use gravity - it is automatic.
Although gravity tool can be used if you have overlapping elements (roof & slab) - but TAB works just as well (you must have quick selection active (magnet for selecting - or use SPACBAR).

In earlier versions you do need to activate the gravity tool.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for all your help. I found to add level dimension. My rpbolem was about "Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories > Home & One Story Up & Down".

So how can we add a level dimension on stairs landing?
Learn and get certified!