Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Tool

Karol Lozinski
Participant
I have an issue with dimension tool. Nothing big, but it bothers me a little and I don't know how to turn it off nor I have a memory how have I turn it on. I'm talking about a frame around numbers. Can someone tell me what is it?

Also, when I try to measure the height of landing using Level Dimension Tool it doesn't do it's job. Instead it shows me the height of a Level 0. I have no idea how to make it work 😕
AC 27 Win 11
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karol wrote:
I have an issue with dimension tool. Nothing big, but it bothers me a little and I don't know how to turn it off nor I have a memory how have I turn it on. I'm talking about a frame around numbers. Can someone tell me what is it?
Those are selection points for the dimension text, they do not print, they can be hidden by toggling the Textbox Handles command.
Karol wrote:
Also, when I try to measure the height of landing using Level Dimension Tool it doesn't do it's job. Instead it shows me the height of a Level 0. I have no idea how to make it work 😕
The Level Dimension Tool uses Gravity to be associated with an element (Slab, Roof, Mesh or Shell).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karol Lozinski
Participant
Thanks for help with Textbook Handles! Thats exactly what I was looking for!
But the problem with Level Dimension Tool remains 😕 Although I use gravity for slabs I'm unable to measure height of stairs made with slabs. Here are screens. Any ideas?
Przechwytywanie3.PNG
AC 27 Win 11
Karol Lozinski
Participant
Here's one of slabs in the middle
AC 27 Win 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The slab should highlight when you are using gravity and level dimension, if it's not doing that, you are dimensioning something else.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karol Lozinski
Participant
Yes! That was the thing. Sorry to post dumb question... I'm just a beginner but I really appreciate quick and good help!
Cheers!
AC 27 Win 11