BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension with Label

shir_khann
Booster

Hi everyone,

I am dimensioning a house and using the text box to place labels. I was wondering if there is an alternative for this with BIM that could save time and repeat this over and over again with auto labelling.

I have attached an image for reference. Wondering how the experts on this platform do this or any easier way of doing this. Cheers

dimension with labels.PNG
AC26 AUS | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Try using custom text - select the dimension text and amend it.

You still have to type the name, but at least is is part of the dimension, so if anything moves, it will adjust.

Otherwise if you are handy with a little GDL scripting, you can create an object which can read the zone name.

Then give it a moveable hotspot that you can stretch into the zone and it will read the zone (room) name automatically.

It means you must use zones for every room and then you will also have these hotspots in each room(you can see them but you can accidentally select them) which can be a bit of a hassle.

I would stick with the custom dimension text.

You can select multiple dimension texts and add the custom text all at once for the same names.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry

Thank you for your response, unfortunately, I have never done any sort of GDL scripting.

I will definitely be using the custom dimension text where I will set custom text which I will be reusing with the injection tool as necessary. Thank you

AC26 AUS | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Learn and get certified!