BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions acting starnge in layout

kevin b
Contributor
We are having some issues with dimensions in layout windows on Teamwork project. One team mmeber set up layouts for interior elevations, everything appears correct. Another team member opens layout and all of the windows are sized differently due to dimensions in the views appearing oddly. Some strings are to random points in space. Even if all are selected and updated it is still wrong. You have to open the source view (where all of the dimensions are indeed correct) and ten go back to the layout and update the view again, then they revert to their correct state.

Anyone else getting this. This is a big problem for us as a junior member of the team may be asked to print out drawings and may not notice the mistake.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
28 REPLIES 28
Erika Epstein
Booster
kevin wrote:
. Another team member opens layout and all of the windows are sized differently due to dimensions in the views appearing oddly. Some strings are to random points in space.

Kevin, a screen shot of what you describe might be helpful.
I am wondering if the views were not accidentally redefined.
You mentioned you are doing IE, are you using the IE markers which can act up, or using the section tool?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, we are experiencing the same problem. We have found that opening the view and then coming back to the layout fixes the dimensions. Set the view to manual update. I have reported it to Graphisoft.
kevin b
Contributor
Yes we are trying the (insert sarcasm here) fantastic IE tool once again. And yes it seems like if one team member makes modifications to the elevation, it triggers it to go all weird, and you have to open the source view and then go back to the layout. Just updating does nothing.

I will post an image once it happens again.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
See attached, I just combined a few screen shots so the scales are off but you can see the problem. Left view is layout , after updating, center is viewing source view, and right is going back to layout and updating, no modifications done between the steps. Note the bottom string of dimensions. This is a simple one, gets worse in other cases.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
MORE DIMENSION WEIRDNESS...

Same Teamwork project, when looking at some interior elevations on computer of User A the dimensions are correct. In this case correct means that a string of dims of base cabinets have all been modified for custom text, in this case they are all "EQ" When User B looks at the elevations, they all show the Measured Value.

This is true of both the layout and the actual source view. When the text is selected in the source view of User A it shows in the info box that it is custom text, for User B it shows as measured. Both Users have done S/R. Neither User has any of the info in the elevation reserved.

See following images.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
Image for User B
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Kevin,

I can confirm that GRAPHISOFT is aware of both of these problems. It more than likely happens to dimensions that have been edited by two or more users (although probably that is not the only contributing factor). If the elements are not likely to change, you might consider setting the dimensions static, until this is fixed. We handle this issue with priority.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Dennis Lee
Booster
This is causing us a lot of problems. Can we have a fix soon?
This started happening to us when we added a third user to TW files.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
kevin b
Contributor
I haven't heard anything more from them about it. It is a huge problem for us. I have also notice, in same project, that certain things that are dimensioned in the interior elevation window do not update when the model changes. So that if you say change the height of a piece of casework, making the change in the model or in the IE window, the dimension does not dynamically update, it acts like a static dimension.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Learn and get certified!