Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Display imperial and metric floor area in archicad

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I seem to remember that ArchiCAD could convert a Floor Area and place a a piece of text that was in whatever units you wanted it in.

I have found the "Convert Dimensions" command in the Documentation/Annotation/Secondary Dimensions menu but that does not work with Zones or Fills or even Autotext in a label.
Anyone know if this is possible in AC21?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but dimensions and the way they are shown are found under Project Preferences. Here you can set up units, decimals and what not for I think 8 different types of dimension and save them as a preset. If you want to change and existing preset, you have to save it with the same name (tip: hit rename to copy the name first to save time typing).

This is set up for an entire view though, I do not think you can have two different type of units in one view.

You could overlay two views in one layout to achieve it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Erwin wrote:

This is set up for an entire view though, I do not think you can have two different type of units in one view.
The ArchiCAD 21 Zone tool will allow you to display the floor area in the units of your choosing even although your View settings are using different units. Eg. Floor Areas in Imperial and Dimensions in Metric.

In the UK. letting Agents and their ilk have somehow avoided going metric and with the Brexit abyss we are all about to fall into there isn't much hope they will ever convert to Metric

Anyhoo my problem is I want it to display both, so the only solution would be to use two Zones, set one to Metric and the other to Imperial
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Or, depending on your zone stamp object and template, you might be able to use model view options to overlay two views of essentially the same zone.

In our Dutch library I could set up a MVO where I leave, for example, the first 4 lines of the zone stamp blank and add a 5th with whatever I want to put there. With a clever layer combination and MVO I could do what you suggest.

It is a bit fiddly, admittingly, but short of migrating before Brexit goes through, it might be less work.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5