BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Displaying and Removing Different Elevation Levels

dhnguyen
Contributor

I have a house and a detached garage and in the same  elevation view, I want to show the garage elevation level on the right side and on the left side I want to show the house elevation level only, is there a way do do this? 

see example below of the garage. I dont want to have the house elevation level info displayed.

Capture.PNG
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
4 REPLIES 4
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

open your Story Settings (default shortcut is ctrl + 7) & un-check the box next to the 2 Main House storey level.

this, however removes it for ALL elevations / sections which have Show Storey Levels turned on.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

I wish there is a way to show the elevation level of the house on 1 side and the elevation level of the garage on the other side instead of unchecking 1 thing and doing the other manually.

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

we've simply used 2D lines & elevation dimensions & not rely on the inherent storey levels present in the Marker Settings.

it gives us more freedom to align them if a bunch of them are too close to each other & dimension whichever part of the building we need to & at which end of the elevation. the trade-off being, should there be a change in storey heights, we have to go change them for each elevation/section.

we've found the auto-storey levelling not as reliable as we'd like it to be. perhaps it got better in the later versions, but we're currently in 22.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

I wrote a gdl part so I don't have to draw lines but can still utilize distances from stories.

Learn and get certified!