BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dodgy core-only dimensioning

KeesW
Advocate
I hope dimensioning core only has improved in AC15. I am completing a complicated project in AC14 and the dimensioning is not good. Although I have specifically requested core only dimensioning, and have ensured that composites are created and materials labelled 'core' and 'finish' correctly, AC14 keeps putting in 10mm dimension thickness of wall finishes over 90mm timber framework (the core). But not always, and that is the problem. If it was consistently wrong, I wouldn't need to check all the dimensions for correctness.

If AC cannot do this reliably, I don't want to use composite wall construction for my documentation. I would have been better off drawing internal and external walls without finishes - at least the dimensions would be correct.

GGGRRR.......!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
KeesW
Advocate
No reply yet - I probably didn't make myself clear. I have one composite wall measured in two adjoining places. The first measure says 280, and the second says 300. the first is core only, the second includes finishes.

I think that a builder would find that confusing and it shouldn't happen. I guess I'll have to carefully check all of my 15 drawings to ensure that it doesn't.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you upload a screenshot of the problem?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!