BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door and Window Markers Missing

tom vincent
Contributor

Hi All.

We have an odd thing going on with a teamwork file.

Door and Window markers do not appear in layout view.

However, right click, open source.... and they appear.

The model view option of the saved view is correct. Door and window markers are set to visible.

Any idea what could possibly cause this?

All advice appreciated.

Tom

saved_view.png

layout.png

11 REPLIES 11
NateLumen
Booster

I have had this happen a few times in teamwork files. Usually it's because somebody has modified some setting in some Model View Options which causes everyone else's Model View Options to go "Missing" in views where that had been the MVO. (The model view shown for the view would read "[model view name] (Missing)"). You said it has the correct MVO, so this may not be your fix, but if this is the case, the fix would be to go to view settings and "relink" or reselect the MVO that had gotten unlinked.

4dProof
Advisor

model view options can sometimes 'go missing' in archicad; still have not figured out the trigger, and am mostly convinced it is a bug and htere is not a consistent reason for this. check the view settings for missing MVO.

Unfortunately, they do not show missing in the drawing manager, so you have to go view by view and have the quick options pallet up to check each one for the MISSING line on the MVO settings

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
tom vincent
Contributor

Thanks both.

It's definitely to do with a MISSING MVO. 

I hadn't spotted it was missing at first.

It doesn't say its missing in the Quick Options palette but it does say it's missing in the Saved View Options.

Screen shot attached.

Refining the Saved View seems to have fixed it.

We have a feeling it may be caused by someone who is logging in to the teamwork file using 2 different machines (one in the office, one at home). Whenever he works from home weird things happen seem to happen to this teamwork file!

Thanks again,

Tom.

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 16.05.00.png

Tom,

Are you saying that the Quick Options Palette (you do mean the Quick Options Palette, not the Quick Options bar at the bottom of the Archicad Window, right?) and the View Settings Dialog display different values for the "Model View Options" field? That sounds like a bug too me. Could you also tell me your Archicad version and build number?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
tom vincent
Contributor

Hi Laszlo.

That's correct.

In the Quick Options palette it says the MVO is 200 Construction (1).

In the view settings dialogue it says the MVO is Missing (200 Construction (1)).

It's referring to the same MVO but it says that it's missing in one place but not the other.

Archicad 24 6004 UKI FULL

Tom

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Sounds like a bug to me, I will report it to GS HQ.

4dProof
Advisor

it has been a bug for about 3-4 versions of AC. I have tried for years to figure out the trigger; I assumed for a long time it was user error (IE renaming, editing, deleting MVO without t/w reservation or something like that). I have since realized it also happens on .pln files, in which I am the sole person editing and accessing the file, and the MVO have maintained the template default settings.
I'm at a total loss on potential triggers for this happening, and just keep as close an eye on settings as I can. I've seen missing MVO's result in submitted documents with incorrect level of detail on plans and elevations. One client pointed out 2 weeks after we submitted construction documents, the doors and windows were showing incorrectly in most elevations (not all); which was a "MISSING" model view option. Other times door/window markers will appear on site plans where they clutter the plan, or disapear on floor plans.
The missing MVO, I believe was also tied to dimensions going missing or getting screwed up, which seems to happen less often, but I still see it on interior elevations from time to time

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The reason this is curious is that for several versions now Archicad identifies View Settings not by their name but by and internal ID so when a MVO is renamed for example, saved View will still know which MVO combination it is. But this issue seems to be something else I have not seen before. We will see what the guys at HQ can figure out about it.

RWARCHPC
Booster

I am having a similar issue but with somewhat different details: I have three floor plans, with all levels set with MVO set to "high detail, markers on" but the window tags show in the main level and upper level, but not the lower. no issue with door tags, just the windows. 

2023-12-07_22-47-09.png

2023-12-07_22-47-36.png

2023-12-07_22-48-14.png

  

Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS '14 Sonoma
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Learn and get certified!