BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door and window marker geometry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have the same problem as many here. But the solution was not satisfying for my case.
My office wants to keep the same door and window markers, which they had while drawing in AutoCAD. See the attached picture.
So I need in this rounded geometry not only the Element ID, but one additional variable.
So what I manged to make is this regular rectangle with two rows, but without the correct geometry.
Or in case of windows just a circle with one Element ID and without the second variable.
I hope I explained it clear enough and someone would be able to help with this..
Variable that I would need are the unique Nr & Window or Door Type Nr.

What I have also tried - to define my own window and door label.. That way I could build my own geometry and put my own variables. But it did not turn out good. See the picture again.

Only the Autotext #ElementID worked. Other parameters were not changing or I did not find the correct ones in the window Classification and properties list. + the rotation of the label is also very bizarre, even if the label orientation is set to ”perpendicular orientation”

Thank you, I am looking forward for someone to reply!

P.s. If pictures are not shown, you can see them here https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sr9MhEDezZC63ATX9
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
For some reason, your images are not displaying.
Could you upload them again?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not really familiar with the GUI of this forum.. Can I edit my entry?
And can you open the pictures from the link?
ChrisB
Participant
It's possible but not perfect...

Set up required Property fields...

Label shape & data...

AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you know that you can place lines, arcs, polylines, fills, and Text Blocks containing Autotexts, select them all and use the "File > Libraries and Objects > Save Selection As > Label" menu command to save it as a custom graphical label that contains the exact information you need?
It is a new feature in ARCHICAD 22:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Thank you!
In the beginning, I preffered to have a marker in that form, because its a big project with many windows and doors, that its easier if you can select alle the windows and assign the one marker to all of them at once. But when I lost the hope, I tried building a new label for the doors and windows (draw something and save as label). But as I tried to explain in the first post, I couldnt find the correct autotext, which I could use as „second“ ID field. And then it was also rotating and was beeing squeezed in a wierd angle.. I will try playing around more next week, when I will be at my desk again.
Thank you again!
Learn and get certified!