BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Doors disappearing in Layout

Jan Vlach
Advocate
Hi all, I have a specific problem, or perhaps even a bug to report.

In my floorplan map I have saved a floorplan view, that contains, among other things three doors. Those three doors are assigned to a wall that has been made with custom profile. This specific profile is representing frame for Copilit/linit/Profilit wall. (the glassed part of the wall is created by placing individual collums that have a custom profile in the shape of copilit assigned to them. For this reason the bulk of the wall is just empty nothing. However the doors are happily hanging in there, no problems... yet.

Once I take this drawing and place it on layout however, all three doors disapper in the layout view. Everything else is OK, but the three doors are gone. Other doors and drawing elemnt show as they should, the problem is not in renovation status as the three doors are assigned same renovation status as avery other door sp naturally I am at withs end. Any feedback or help would be apriciated, thanks.

PS: I tried to change the wall profile so it would be filled with material but it still doesnt work.
The problem is occuring on Archicad 22 CZE, bild 4018, The project is hosted on our BimCloud Basic.
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
14 REPLIES 14
Did you try this ?

About the wall :

About the door or window :

About the model view :
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Jan Vlach
Advocate
Hi Christophe, thanks for feedback. I do have the doors and the wall set exactly as you do.

And if I open the view in View map or Model Map I see the doors and the wall as they are placed with no problem, as you can see on the first attached image.
However, when I place this saved view in a layout, the doors are no longer there. The wall still is, but the doors are gone, as can be seen on the second image.
I tried to relink the view, update it, delete and place again to no avail so far.
Are they absent or white on white ?
Have you check the pen set ? The model view ?
Or do you have a white hatch which is covering your door on your presentation ?
We'll find for sure 😉
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
skawagon,
Can you expand the layout page in the list and show us the views that you have placed there?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jan Vlach
Advocate
Hi Barry, I am including the expanded list you have asked for. Christophe, there are no fills that could be obscuring the doors. As pen sets go, I have the same pens assigned to all other doors that are left visible. (In attached screenshot I turned on the same pen set as I have in my working space)

Edit: Of course if I export this layout as a PDF or DWG THe doors are still missing.
Barry Kelly
Thanks,
I just wanted to check that you were indeed using the save view on the layout - which it looks like you are.

The thing is it is possible to have 2 views with exactly the same name but with different settings.
i.e. different renovation filters.

So if you now select that view (either in the layout or the list) and then right click and choose 'Open Source View', do you see the doors?

If you do I have no idea what is happening.
If you don't then I would say that that view is using a renovation filter that is hiding the doors.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jan Vlach
Advocate
Hi Barry, it is really the same view, if I open the source view I do see the doors.

However I do have a little breaktrough to report: If I change the wall in which the doors are placed from custom profile to normal wall, then the doors reappear. So the issue is with my custom wall porfile.
However I am still baffeled that the same literal view can, if placed to layout look differently.

PS: The different renovation filters were one of my prime suspect when I noticed this issue, however they are set as existing as in rest of this project.

Anyway, thanks to you and Cristophe for your feedback!
Hi skawagon

I think your might uninstall your software or library or both
And then try but I think it's not your way of work but a software parameter mistake

Try to open your files with another computer or send me your file

Have a nice day
Christophe - FRANCE

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Has this ever been resolved? If so, what was the solution in the end?

If not, I can take a look at whether it is caused by a bug, if you send me your project in a PLA, and tell me where to look!

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!