BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing basic walls with dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I am fairly inexperienced on archicad but I used to be able to use it just fine now I have archicad 12 I can't work out a few things.

When drawing a basic wall it won't draw a straight lined wall without me having to hold shift, I cant find the 'polar' function or equivalent.

I can't draw anything with dimensions, when i click the wall button the black box with the dimensions and co ordinates etc doesn't appear and typing in numbers on the keyboard doesn't work to dimension the wall so I can't draw anything to scale.

Please could someone help me out as I have a project to complete!

thanks anyone

Vish
10 REPLIES 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
vukstefanovski wrote:
This little window with "distance" and "angle" is gone! How can I call it back?
It is also controlled via the Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Tracker and Coordinate Input: Show Tracker.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!