BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing (page) numbers with multiple publisher sets

arg617
Contributor
Is there any way to restart drawing numbering amongst different publisher sets? For example, say you have a 60 page set of drawings. The sprinkler drawings are pages 48-52 of 60. Now you have to submit just the sprinkler drawings to the fire marshal. Can those drawings be put in a different publisher set and start over (saying page 1 of 5), or do I need to do this in a completely different ArchiCAD file?

Thanks for any help/guidance.
7 REPLIES 7
rgarand
Booster
They can be set up as a different Layout subset (with its own numbering setup), then drag over to the publisher.

I do this all the time with HOA submittals, permit submittals, model maker drawings, etc. They all want different sets of drawings, but there is usually no need to duplicate those drawings. You just want to give them different groups of drawings you have already set up as layouts.

Hope this helps.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
arg617
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I have a different subset but can't seem to get the numbering to start over.
rgarand
Booster
Make sure "Continue using ID assignment of Upper Levels" within the Subset Settings, is unchecked. See attachment
Robert J. Garand
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
arg617
Contributor
I have "Continue using ID assignment of Upper Levels" unchecked, but the page numbering does not start over.

I think we might be talking about two different things. I'm looking for a way to restart the total page numbering at this new subset. The more I'm looking in to this the more it seems like this is undoable within ArchiCAD (short of having a different file).

For instance, I have some drawings within my file that are for filing with the local municipality, other drawings that are just for fabrication, others that are just for the fire marshal, etc.

I'd like each subset to start from 1 and to only count the drawings within that subset for the total sheet count.

Like this:
Local municipality: Page 1 of 60
Construction Documents and Fabrication: Page 1 of 110
Fire Marshal: Page 1 of 5
....and so forth
rgarand
Booster
I see what you are asking for now.

Seems like this might be a job for our GDL experts. Archicad must have these subset variables stored somewhere. You just need someone to set up a GDL object with these variables...

...or maybe it is not that easy.
Robert J. Garand
Barry Kelly
arg617 wrote:
I'd like each subset to start from 1 and to only count the drawings within that subset for the total sheet count.

Like this:
Local municipality: Page 1 of 60
Construction Documents and Fabrication: Page 1 of 110
Fire Marshal: Page 1 of 5
....and so forth
That sounds like a job for an autotext reference.
See here ...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=242385

There is no way to have individual totals for subsets unfortunately.
This is a work around.
I think it gets a bit messy when you want to do it for more than one subset as you can only set one image as the reference - but the others should remain linked once they are set.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Katy_C
Newcomer

Hi there, I too faced the problem for a long time. Here is what I tried that works for me.

1. I created 2 master layouts. Ex. A3 Presentation and A3 Contractors. And 2 Subset, named them Presentation and Contractors.

2. The way I numbered my drawing is ex.Page 1/2.
Ex. In A3 Presentation Master Layout, Under my page numbering, I selected (insert Auto Text - its a icon that have a A and a circle arrow around it) ► Select (Layout Number in Subset) ► Select Presentation (This is my one of my subset) / ► Select (Number of layouts in subset) ► Select Presentation. 

Likewise Under Contractors Master Layout, I selected the subset named contractors.

And I managed to have different page number on each subset. And Publisher set will behave the same way. Hope this helps.😁

Learn and get certified!