Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing scale smaller than 1:30000?

furtonb
Advisor
Hi,

I've ran into an interesting issue: I'm working on a competition where I need to have drawings at a city scale too, I put the large drawings (coming from OSM) close to the origin on a worksheet to prevent any far-from-origin problems, and I want to have a drawing at a scale of 1:100000 to fit on the layout.

Archicad only allows scale to be set at 1:30000, I cannot use anything smaller than this, resulting in mismatched line weights between the view of the worksheet and the placed drawing. I can eyeball the used pen set to look nice, but it would be even better to have the option to save a view at any scale.

I'm sure it's not a bug, others tried with the same result. Is there a reason why such scales are not allowed?
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, this is a limitation that was set in Archicad, you can not have scales smaller than 1:30 000, and scales larger than 1:1 (for example, 2:1, which would require entering 0.5 in the field in the Scale Dialog).
I am not sure, but this may have to do with the internal accuracy of the program, so with scale out of this range, Archicad would start having accuracy issues? But as I said, I am not sure about this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Podolsky
Ace
Very possible that it can be related to the length of floating point number (i.e. bits that store coordinates of elements in the system). So, computers are not limitless.

The possible solution - convert the drawing into image with quite high resolution and stretch the image to right scale.