BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation Marker in AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to make our elevation markers be singular, as in one marker in the middle of a line instead of the double elevation maker(one marker at each end of the defining line) that I can't seem to get rid of. I can configure it to be a marker at the end of a line, or no marker and only a line, etc etc. We had this in 9, and now if I try to copy an elevation marker over from 9 to 10, it changes it.

Also, why is it that if I set the elevation to have infinite horizontal dimension, that it still stops at the ends of the line that I draw to define it?

Thanks again everyone.
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
sanderarchitects wrote:
I am trying to make our elevation markers be singular, as in one marker in the middle of a line instead of the double elevation maker(one marker at each end of the defining line) that I can't seem to get rid of. I can configure it to be a marker at the end of a line, or no marker and only a line, etc etc. We had this in 9, and now if I try to copy an elevation marker over from 9 to 10, it changes it.
two things you need to check:
first off, in your section/elevation dialogue settings be sure to have it set to 'Elevation' - see attached screenshot.

second, in your model view options, ensure that the section/elevation markers are set to display "As in Settings"

Also, why is it that if I set the elevation to have infinite horizontal dimension, that it still stops at the ends of the line that I draw to define it?
infinite 'horizontal' distance relates to the distance in front of the section/elevation line. i.e. how far into the distance you can see. this has always been the case. the right- and left-hand limits have always been constrained by the length of the line that you draw.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
if i have understood correctly, go to the property dialogue box check the elevation radio button, the marker styles will automatically change to single marker in the centre.
Thomas Holm
Booster
sanderarchitects wrote:
I am trying to make our elevation markers be singular, as in one marker in the middle of a line i...
And please note, this is the default of the Elevation tool in AC11.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!