BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation Style Showcase

Josh Verran
Expert

Apologies if there has already been a post similar to this, but curious to see what elevation styles people use around the globe. Below are a couple of examples that I use, it's not a real project, more just enough elements to show use of colour, hatches etc.

W1 West Elevation.pngW2 West Elevation.png 

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Josh Verran,

In France about dwellings, below a sample all in black and white because more practical for reprography and graphically more impactful (automatic labels on windows and shadow stripe hatches).

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
DGSketcher
Legend

@Josh Verran You might have seen a better response if we could assign Styles to Views rather than the current restrictive workflow of assigning a single style to each Elevation/Section marker. I would imagine for many, that assigning multiple markers to the same elevation to display different graphic styles is reserved for well paid or managed projects. Placing a single marker and making it work using GOs for as many views as needed is possibly the default option. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Nice! I like the hatch you have chosen for shadows.

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

Yeah I've tried a few methods, one marker two Graphic Override Combinations, but found I couldn't quite get what I was after. Tried two different markers but then one would get altered (extents) and staff would wonder why the other hadn't updated.

Have settled now for one marker, but have a favourite setup for BnW and another for Colour.

Learn and get certified!