BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation and section markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using the same interior marker (IEMarker 1) for both removals and new work, just changing the layer combinations to reflect the information I want to show when they get placed on the sheets. Problem, the marker designation on both sheets are both pointing to the removals elevations. How do I have the markers on the 'new' point to the correct detail/page number on the corresponding elevation sheet?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Section markers are something that have been overlooked in the Renovation status, as mentioned in another post here.

The best workaround I can think of is to place some text with a solid background and the correct renovation status, and "bring to front" so it displays in the appropriate view.

You can even make this text follow the relevant section drawing by going to the layout, select the section view, right click and "set as autotext reference", go back to the text and edit it, inserting autotext and changing the Category to "Reference for Section X" and "Layout ID ref".

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wound up doing what seemed logical (it was in the other article you noted, too). I set up different layers but I used a linked marker for the New elevations because I had already set up the 'renovation' and 'new' layers and saved them to the view map as 'Removals Elevations' and New Elevations'

Thanks
Learn and get certified!