Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation dimension problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im curently working on a project and i find difficulties with the elevation dimensions.What i do is that i have two archicad windows opened at the same time.I need to copy and paste all the elevations fo the building at the same sheet as 2d lines make the appropriate corrections and print it like the picture No 1.My problem is that the elevation dimensions change their values and i need to change with custom text all the values.How do I produce dimensions that dont change and is it possible to make a elevation dimension that i set the first level and all the others at the same dimension are based on the first one?Sorry for my english and thank you in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't change manually the values! It makes the whole projects confusing.
You can adjust the value in option.

Regarding the dimension of text, you have different scale of text regarding the scale of project.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
First of all, I am not sure why you are COPYING the elevations all onto the same sheet (presumably in a plan window or another elevation window)... You are aware that you can place each elevation individually onto the layout sheet just as you've shown in your jpg.

Next, If you need to WORK on an elevation to make it graphically read like you want, you have a couple of options...
1. Simply chose DRAWING as the elevation type in elevation marker settings. This will allow you CLEAN UP your elevation and mess with linetypes and weights. Keep in mind you will have to RE-DO all these edits if you REBUILD FROM MODEL (when the building changes)
2. You can also ADD linework and fills to an AUTO REBUILD MODEL type of elevation.

Both of these option leave your elevation in the correct location and dimensioning should be easy from there.

If you choose to lay up 4 elevation in ONE WINDOW, you can also achieve correct dimensions by setting a USER ORIGIN at your ZERO line prior to dimensioning each elevation. [Then place a new user origin at the next elevations zero line and dimension THAT elevation]

Also, note that there are STORY HEIGHT markers that automatically label each story height [user defineable, so you don't have to label EACH STORY's ht]

Hope this helps...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop