Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Error when importing into Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Error while reading file: Main level 1_8.pmk
(256: File is not found, connection failed)

I'm getting this error message whenever I try to import anything into Plotmaker, on this house I'm doing. It started happening after I cancelled an import earlier.

How can I repair this? Deadline looming!

It's a problem with the ArchiCad file. Even a new Plotmaker file cannot import anything from this file.

I tried merging the Archicad file into a new and reset file. Tried importing that into a virgin Plotmaker file. Same error.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK... Strange.
I quit ArchiCad. Quit BGArchicad. Quit Plotmaker.

Started up Plotmaker, open the PM doc., and it imported the AC file just fine.

I guess I don't understand what BGArchicad really is. I can't work on the AC file and PM file anymore?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Follow these links....They may or may not help....I hope they do!

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2305

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2510
Aussie John
Newcomer
Todd wrote:
Error while reading file: Main level 1_8.pmk
(256: File is not found, connection failed)

I'm getting this error message whenever I try to import anything into Plotmaker, on this house I'm doing. It started happening after I cancelled an import earlier.

How can I repair this? Deadline looming!

It's a problem with the ArchiCad file. Even a new Plotmaker file cannot import anything from this file.

I tried merging the Archicad file into a new and reset file. Tried importing that into a virgin Plotmaker file. Same error.
I have found this error can occur when Plotmaker crashes ( like when trying to move an importing file) and the only way to fix things is to restart.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
__archiben
Booster
Aussie wrote:
I have found this error can occur when Plotmaker crashes ( like when trying to move an importing file) and the only way to fix things is to restart.
. . . or a 'send and receive' on the teamwork file (if you're using one) sometimes clears it.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup