Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Existing elevations issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all ... I have an issue that has cropped up and concerns existing elevations. With my ongoing project (and lots of other potential projects) we are building a rear extension and the new roof will be joined onto the existing roof. When the new extension roof has been drawn and you show it with the relevant renovation filter (Proposed Over Existing) it all looks fine, however when you go back to viewing the elevations with the Existing renovation filter switched on, the existing roof shows as a cut out where the new roof is joining. Is there something obvious within the renovation filter or layering system that I have missed here or is this an ongoing issue. I can think of a couple of work arounds:

1. Use worksheets to produce existing elevations, so they won't be affected by proposed works, although I would rather not do this if it can be helped as they won't be linked to the model.

2. Save the project as a separate 'existing' model and then create another one for proposed, so you end up with two project files, again not ideal.

I would be most grateful for any thoughts on this, I'm sure it must have cropped up with someone else!

Thanks, Paul
0 REPLIES 0