BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Export a company title block to use as a sjabloon [template]

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to export an existing title block from a previous project to use it as a sjabloon ["template" - ed]. But I can't figure out how to do this. As a company we don't have a standard start up project in ArchiCad, as we just started up.

Thanks in advance for your response.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You can copy from the old project and paste it in the new project.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're trying to copy a whole title block Master across do the following:

- Have your current working file open (File A).
- Open Organiser (in Navigator click on Project Chooser button at top left and Open Organiser)
- In the Organiser window select the Project Chooser button again and click on Browse Project. Find the "previous" file that has your title block master in it (File B).
- Now the left hand column should be your "previous" file (B), and on the right hand column should be your working (template) file (A).
- click on the Layout button at the top of the left hand column, and scroll down to your Masters
- click on the Layout button at the top of the right hand column.
- drag your selected master(s) from the left to the right column.
- This master (or masters) are now available in your current working file or template (File A).

It sounds more complicated than it is. Hope it makes sense.
Barry Kelly
Or open your original project and delete any job specific modelling and notes.
Keep bits you might use again like the title block, standard notes, layout pages (and master layouts), as well as section and elevation markers.
Now save it as a new file called "template" (or what ever you want to call it) and there you go.
You now have a standard template you can use for all new jobs.
Of course you will change it over time or as you develop you new jobs just go through this process again deleting the job specific model and saving it as you template again.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!