BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill Pattern Hatch Scale Not Matching

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have copied a fill hatching into my current project from another file, that I want to match. It is on a layout and I use the pickup parameters dropper to copy the hatch and then draw a new hatch. The hatch matches in all respects, except the scale is completely different.

I have tried every setting I can think of. The settings for the old hatch, match those of the new, so what is causing the difference?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked that Vectorial Hatching is turned on in your on screen view options?

View>On Screen View Options>Vectorial Hatching
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Vectorial Hatching is on, if I turn it off it does solve the problem. However, I do need it on generally as the way it represents cuts through objects in section is a vital part of my drawings.

I was just mystified that it did not seem possible to consistently match hatch fills, that had been imported from another model file, or within the same file. I think this is because I was using the distorted Fill Construction Method, which seems impossible to keep consistent amongst separate hatches on the same drawing.

I am now saved new hatches, with the scale and rotation I want to see and am using Construction Method to Project Origin, to create the hatch fills.

I had though that simply copying and pasting hatches from another file, I would then be able to quickly pick-up and match the same settings using the dropper tool, but they just never match.

Alex
Learn and get certified!