Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill in Elevation View

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I apply/see a finish,fill pattern in my elevation rather than just blank surfaces I want my elevations to show brick work on walls/ roof styles (corrugated iron) and colorbond fencing Not in colour but black/grey and white
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You have to activate Vectorial 3D Hatching, but before check if you have any vectorial hatching applied to your materials in Options/Element Attributes /Material settings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
On a related note, is there a way to differentiate the vectorial hatch pen from the outline pen in elevations and sections? I would like the outlines of elements to show bold and the hatch/fill to be a 50% grey.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the material's settings you can specify the fill (pen) colour to be same as "Element Pen" or an alternative.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm experiencing this problem too - I can only see white surfaces rather than the fills.
The vectorial 3D hatching is activated, and I have checked under the object settings - it is set to concrete. Note i'm using Cadimage wall coverings and have it on concrete running fill.

Still not showing the fill in elevation view. Help?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a little different kind of problem.

In the elevation 3D hatch is on and visible and transparency is on. The 3D hatch showes fine but when it is behind something transparent, than it is not shown...the object behind takes the colour of the transparent one and shows just with outlines.

Can I get the 3D hatch shown ...or even a faided colour?

thnanks for help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody...so, i can see the hatching of the wall on the elevation/section, but i cannot see the surface, although i have already chose "own material colors". Also, i can see the surface on 3D window. Does anyone have this problem? Thank you
Barry Kelly
Snowra wrote:
Hi everybody...so, i can see the hatching of the wall on the elevation/section, but i cannot see the surface, although i have already chose "own material colors". Also, i can see the surface on 3D window. Does anyone have this problem? Thank you
Are you talking about just the colour of the surface that you can't see or are you wanting to see the JPG texture attached to the surface that you can see in 3D OpenGL?
Unfortunately you can not see textures in elevation.
Only the surface colour and hatch patterns.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Snowra wrote:
Are you talking about just the colour of the surface that you can't see or are you wanting to see the JPG texture attached to the surface that you can see in 3D OpenGL?
Unfortunately you can not see textures in elevation.
Only the surface colour and hatch patterns.

Barry.
Well, you are right...I was talking about the JPG texture...so that problem is gone! On the other hand, I still can't see the surface colour I went to attributes>surface and changed the colour on every place I could, but still nothing on the elevation...just a blank wall 😕 I must be doing something wrong...