Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Fill not changing color

StephenK
Contributor
Hello,

I am making a site layout and am using the fill command and can not get the color to change. I pick what color I would like but it does not change. I went into the Trace options and that was not it. I tried creating new layers, new fills, and still nothing. Don't know if there is a setting that is blocking this or what. I provided a screenshot with the problem too. (I'm working in ArchiCAD 18)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It cannot be the "Make Fills & Zones Transparent" button in the Trace & Reference Palette because that would make it transparent, not white.

As far as I could figure out, I can think of two possible causes:
1. The active Renovation Filter overrides the Fill, and the override style is set to override the Fill with a solid white fill.

2. In your screenshot, the Info Tag says that there are multiple elements there. So there may be a Slab there, which is in front of the Fill in Display Order, and it has a white solid Cover Fill, which hides the fill color of the Fill element behind it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It cannot be the "Make Fills & Zones Transparent" button in the Trace & Reference Palette because that would make it transparent, not white.

1. The active Renovation Filter overrides the Fill, and the override style is set to override the Fill with a solid white fill.

2. In your screenshot, the Info Tag says that there are multiple elements there. So there may be a Slab there, which is in front of the Fill in Display Order, and it has a white solid Cover Fill, which hides the fill color of the Fill element behind it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
StephenK
Contributor
LaszloNagy wrote:

Yes! The active Renovation filter was it. Thank you!