Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill pattern's of wall not moving with it? (plan view and section view)

William Yan
Expert

Hi guys! Happy new year!

I have a problem with the wall fill.

I set the cut fill pattern's direction to "with element" , not "project origin" in this concret material. but when I move the wall, the pattern does not go with the wall. Why? And how can I make the pattern move with the wall? Thank you!

fill origin problems.gif

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

@William Yan wrote:

I set the cut fill pattern's direction to "with element" , not "project origin" in this concret material. but when I move the wall, the pattern does not go with the wall. Why? And how can I make the pattern move with the wall? Thank you!

I don't think you can move the fill with the wall.

If the building material fill is set to 'with element' as you have done, it will rotate to the same angle in relation to the element, but the fill will always generate from the project origin as far as I know.

Why this is? - I don't know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

So yes. when set to "with element", they will rotate with the wall, but not move with it. If set to "with project origin" it will not rotate or move with the wall.

I don't know either.

OK, thank you Barry!

Yan.

If I am not mistaken, the Structure of the Wall you are working with is Basic, not Composite.

Unfortunately, this Fill Orientation setting applies only for Building Materials of individual skins in a Composite Structure or individual components of a Complex Profile.

BuildingMaterials-FillOrientation.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

yes, I found that. But even with the composite wall, this is only for the rotation of the fill, not with the movement of the fill. So if you move the composite wall , the fill pattern will not move, only when you rotate the wall ,the fill pattern rotate with it.