Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
My solid colored fills in my floor plan have mysteriously become transparent.

I have experimented with changing the model view options, but it's not working so far.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.
26 REPLIES 26
Djordje
Ace
Transparent background pen?

Changed Model view options?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't figure it out. Whatever setting got changed made all of the fills transparent. When I draw a new fill it is transparent too.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
What is the assigned Fill Category of these Fills (Drafting, Cover, Cut)? What are your Model View Option settings (these control the display of Fills)?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are drafting fills. The model view option for the drafting fill is "As in Settings," and the Fill Background is set to "By Element Settings."
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Based on this post you may have stumbled upon a bug, or perhaps your file is corrupt???
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Jill,

Read through the thread I started and Laura linked above. I have still not solved the problem, and my only thought at this point is that it is a bug. Try replacing the solid fill with any other pen (other than the white that you are having the problem with) and see if your experience is the same as mine. My problem is not with a particular pen, but with all solid fills.

GS--Could you please weigh in on this?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Nothing seemed to work -so I merged my old file into a new one where the fills do show.
Anonymous
Not applicable
try to change layers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but changing the layer is unfortunately not working.