BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Finicky Master Layout Setting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still new to the program but getting more comfortable. Silly question but I set up two different master sheets (24"x36" & 24"x42"). I started with the 24"x36" as a master sheet and then needed to switch to the longer sheet as it gave me more room for a long house. The problem is that the shorter master is still displaying with the longer sheet. When plotting only the longer one plots so I can get work out but it is pretty annoying to see both masters on the layout view. It must be something very simple that I am missing, any thoughts?
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think that maybe Barry is closest to the truth. You can display any Master as Trace Reference under your Layout. Also in the Trace Reference Palette you can set any color to your Reference, for example Red. So it is possible that the content of your Master is red, and also the content of the other Master, which is the Reference, is also red. So you see both. I have managed to achieve this look very easily this way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This has been a highly irritating BUG, since forever, and still exists in ACAD17! If you change the master from one to another after the layout has been set-up. You get the ghosting of the previous showing. And NO it is not a trace reference! I haven't tested this in 18... I really do hope it is fixed.
It seems to be a display thing, because it does not print.
Learn and get certified!