Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Floor plan cut planes and relative floor plan range

Hammallu
Contributor

Hello everyone,

Please help! I'm trying to make a rooftop plan. I want to hide some of the yellow lines that represent Basement walls - the one surrounding the pool should stay but the other one that is below a slab should be hidden. 

How to make that happen ? If I set the RELATIVE FLOOR PLAN RANGE to 0 stories below , it will hide all of the basement walls and the pool will not have outlines. 

I thought of using a slab white fill in order to work around this. Any other , better ideas ? 

Hammallu_0-1715078627355.png

Hammallu_1-1715078864297.png

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Don't be afraid to use different layers that you can turn on and off with layer combinations associated to your views.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Barry Kelly

Don't be afraid to use different layers that you can turn on and off with layer combinations associated to your views.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi @Hammallu,

* This solution will work only if your walls in upper story (not the basement) are straight (Basic or Composite), so it doesn’t work with slanted or complex profiled walls.

1) In the upper floor set all your walls’ floor plan display to Symbolic Cut.

2) In the basement floor set the walls you want to show in the upper floor to be shown in All Relevant Stories.

3) In the view map adjust the upper floor view settings - Document Floor Plan Cut Plane as follows:

IMG_1171.jpeg

** This (-1.50) value is only for illustration purposes & you should change until suits your case (Until cuts your basement’s walls).

*** I don’t know if this solution have any side effects on the whole output process so if there’re any please guide me.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi Mahmoud, many thanks for your help. 
The only thing that's bothering me with this method is that when setting up the cut plane to be -1500mm would make the windows not visible on plan, so I have to thing of another way of sorting this out. 
I'll test it out and see if it works.

Regards

Hi Barry,

I don't know how I didn't think of it, sometimes the most obvious of all the solutions slips off. 

Much obliged! 

Remember that you can decrease or increase that minus value until it cuts windows.

All windows & doors will be shown correctly.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Setup info provided by author