Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic Over-ride

tom vincent
Contributor

Hi All,

I'm trying to indicate demolished elements on my proposed drawings.

I've set up the renovation filter to over-ride the demolished elements so that they show up as a red dashed outline with a transparent background.

It works in plan but doesn't in section and elevation.

In section and plan demolished walls still have a solid fill (so they hide a lot of the proposed info)

Is there a way that I can set uncut surfaces in section and elevation to show as transparent?

I cant seem to find where to change it.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

@JLopes answer is strange and not on point. I don't like that GS is spending too much time developing stuff that is not needed for architecture but that is not the case here. The Renovation overrides have worked like that since they were introduced.

In order to have Demolition elements show as transparent in section/elevation the only item you need to change is the override material.

EduardoRolon_1-1688561650148.png

Floor Plan

EduardoRolon_2-1688561721571.png

Elevation

EduardoRolon_3-1688561812547.png

Remember that elevations and sections use the 3D model so the override needs to include a Surface override. Floor plans use 2D elements so the overrides are fills and lines.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JLopes
Participant

Goog, unfortunately not that I know!!! Graphisoft prefers o develop within archicad the articulation with engineering programs, rather than solving architects' problems (there goes the concept of archicad "from architects to architects", but anyway!!

|| JLopes ||

|Arquitecto |

AC26 Port | Imac | 3.5 GHz | i7 | GTX 780m | OS X

AC26 Port | Ryzen 9 5900x | RTX3080 | Win
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

@JLopes answer is strange and not on point. I don't like that GS is spending too much time developing stuff that is not needed for architecture but that is not the case here. The Renovation overrides have worked like that since they were introduced.

In order to have Demolition elements show as transparent in section/elevation the only item you need to change is the override material.

EduardoRolon_1-1688561650148.png

Floor Plan

EduardoRolon_2-1688561721571.png

Elevation

EduardoRolon_3-1688561812547.png

Remember that elevations and sections use the 3D model so the override needs to include a Surface override. Floor plans use 2D elements so the overrides are fills and lines.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Awesome. Thankyou.

I changed the surface to 'glass' but, of course, transparency was turned off in the section settings!

Tom

Eduardo Rolon

Take in consideration that if you turn transparency on then all windows, cws and doors will become transparent too which is not the correct graphic standard. So in this case it might be a good idea to duplicate that elev/sect so that you have correct graphical representation on all others.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator