Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic Overrid Doors

ElsaKam
Participant

Hello everyone,

is there any chance to change the color of door text Id, i worked with graphic override. Door lines are OK,but i want number also to appear red

doorrs.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I'm probably wrong... but I don't see any way to change just the door dimension text color (vs all 2D text, etc) via a Graphic Override.

The 'old fashioned' way of using a different pen table will certainly work for this, but is more work than a GO would be - so I hope there is a way to filter just door dimensions.  In the screenshot below for Door Settings, you can see the Marker Text Style - which in this case is set to pen 7 which is blue in the active pen table.  If you want the dimension to always be red, then just select a red pen here.  If it is to appear one color in some views and red in other views, then find a modifiable pen that is not used for anything else (anything that is not 1-10, 91, the grayscale ramp, the DWG pens, etc)  - let's say pen 241 - and in the main pen table set it to the typical desired color and in the second 'door override' pen table, set it to red. In your view(s) that use your GO to make the door red, also set the view pen table to this other pen table to get the door dimensions to be red also.  Change the Marker Text pen for your doors to the chosen pen (241 in my example) by going to the 3D window, activate the Door Tool, Select All (cmd/ctrl-A) to select all doors (and only doors) and edit the settings (cmd/ctrl-T) to change the dimension pen for all of them in one go.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 11.52.02 AM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I'm probably wrong... but I don't see any way to change just the door dimension text color (vs all 2D text, etc) via a Graphic Override.

The 'old fashioned' way of using a different pen table will certainly work for this, but is more work than a GO would be - so I hope there is a way to filter just door dimensions.  In the screenshot below for Door Settings, you can see the Marker Text Style - which in this case is set to pen 7 which is blue in the active pen table.  If you want the dimension to always be red, then just select a red pen here.  If it is to appear one color in some views and red in other views, then find a modifiable pen that is not used for anything else (anything that is not 1-10, 91, the grayscale ramp, the DWG pens, etc)  - let's say pen 241 - and in the main pen table set it to the typical desired color and in the second 'door override' pen table, set it to red. In your view(s) that use your GO to make the door red, also set the view pen table to this other pen table to get the door dimensions to be red also.  Change the Marker Text pen for your doors to the chosen pen (241 in my example) by going to the 3D window, activate the Door Tool, Select All (cmd/ctrl-A) to select all doors (and only doors) and edit the settings (cmd/ctrl-T) to change the dimension pen for all of them in one go.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 11.52.02 AM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB