BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Override Query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There

I am wanting to do a particular graphic override for 3d display purposes only, which involves swapping out all materials to for example cardboard.
except I also want to still have all my glass in cadimage doors still appear as glass (and any other glass slabs etc)
and all my hedges to still appear as green
but everything else as cardboard

i have found a way to exclude the hedges material so it still displays as hedging by either its element id # or material surface

i cant appear to find a way to exclude the glass within a cadimage door
even though i have setup a rule to exclude the glass it it doesnt seem to recognise it on cadimage doors
it has worked on a slab with the same glass material.
but with the exact same glass material that is in the cadimage doors
it seems to not be recognising it.

Can anyone figure out what the problem might be?

graph-overide-Q.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
below are the setting i used to exclude the glass
the same setting that is working on the glass slab and for the green hedging
but not on the cadimage door glass of the same material
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Methy, unfortunately I found the same problem before, and is because a door or window, or any library object is one element and Graphics override does not change only a part of an element that is a library part yet, this is something I hope they add to the GO in the next versions to come.

Anyways I hope someone has found a workaround for this better than mine, that is converting to morph something that I'm pretty sure you don't want to do.
Karl Griffith
Booster
Could you exclude the window itself? Your frame would then not be cardboard, but that might be better than everything as cardboard.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have run into the same problem and the best I can come with is to exclude windows and doors entirely and change everything else.

It's really unfortunate that the overrides (which I otherwise love) can't simply override a surface wherever and ONLY wherever it appears. That's something we are trying to do all the time to explore different finish options for example and move from all white, to sketchy type materials to more photo real materials.

Previously, the best I could do was change the surfaces assigned to building materials but even that misses those elements that use surfaces directly rather than building materials....

Would love to see this ability appear in an update, wold be a huge help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering if anyone has come across their own solution to this as of yet?

I have found excluding the building material ('is not') instead of the surface for glass seems to work for archicad windows but I havent tested this with cadimage windows (although originally was a similar issue with AC/CI dr&windows.

but for some reason the window frames still identify as 'glass' when they shouldnt!
Learn and get certified!