BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Override to change the color of the window marker text based on the sill height of window???

Is it possible to create a graphic override that changes the color of the window marker text based on the sill height of the window?

I want windows with a sill height < 3'-0" and a custom property of "Window Venting=True" to change the text color of the window marker from black to red. This is what the override is so far, and while it changes the window lines to red, it doesn't seem to affect the associated markers. Having the lines of the window change to red is ok, but quite often we model windows stacked one on top of another, so this doesn't always work. (We often have unique and complex combinations of windows and have not found a window object that meets our needs, so we find it easier to model each unit separately.)

KellyatKanviHomes_0-1708720153089.png

Here is an example of a simple window scenario with a 5'-0"x6'-0" fixed window modeled over top of a 5'-0"x2'-0" awning window. I'd like the awning marker to be red.

KellyatKanviHomes_2-1708721442763.png

Thanks in advance,

edit: One other question, how does archicad determine the plan view display order of windows modeled on top of each other? They don't seem to respond to the display order command, and sometimes the uncut window will show above the cut window.

AC27 USA - build 5003
HP ZBook 15 G6
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9850H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
3 REPLIES 3

download a copy of the INT version of Archicad, and load this library into a test project. 

have a look at the multi-sash windows. They might do the trick for you and you can select which sash is represented in the plan.

if that solves one problem you're having, it might be easier to try and fix the labeling issues.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Thanks Aaron,

I've added the INT window and door libraries to our template already, but the multi-sash window just isn't flexible enough for some of what we do. It's close, but not quite...

AC27 USA - build 5003
HP ZBook 15 G6
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9850H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro

a shot in the dark.  ; - )

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!