Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic override - Not orthogonal elements

Stefan Videnov
Booster

Hi everyone,

Recently i've been working on adding a number of check features to my ofice's template.

I would like to integrate a graphic override which colors all 2D and 3D elements which are not oriented at 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees. Preferably I would be able to specify ranges - for example if the orientation is between 89 and 91.

Currently we are using an auto label that comes with our KeyMember edition which works like this one:
https://centralinnovation.com/technical-resources/tips-and-tricks/check-non-orthogonal-walls/

It does the job quite well - all labeled elements that have bizare rotations have their angle displayed in red, Problem is that it's with labels and then you have to manage all the labels that you've created.

If the label can read the angle then a Graphic override should also be able to so, but I can't seem to find a proper parameter listing.

Ideally it shouldwork like this, but for angles..

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-articles/Graphic-Overrides-series-Color-Zone-By-Size-by...

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Expert

99.9% sure this isn’t possible natively GO’s. The label has to do a bunch of calculations in GDL of the delta x and y of the wall, beam etc to work of what it’s placed angle is.  
The only way I can think to get it work with a GO is a writing an API that would write the calculated placed angle into a property field, and the GO could read that property value. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
scottjm
Expert

99.9% sure this isn’t possible natively GO’s. The label has to do a bunch of calculations in GDL of the delta x and y of the wall, beam etc to work of what it’s placed angle is.  
The only way I can think to get it work with a GO is a writing an API that would write the calculated placed angle into a property field, and the GO could read that property value. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe