BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic override - new wall in demolished window

Yvonne
Advocate
Some context:
- We use graphic overrides to show new walls as black, existing as grey and demolished as red.
- We model the existing windows to be infilled with wall by changing the reno status of the existing window to be demolished. The now demolished window is showing on plan as the wall's building material or composite but not as the other new walls (with the graphic override).

Is there a way to graphic override this?
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Make sure your 'to be demolished elements' and 'new elements' in your filter are set to "OVERRIDE".

It is working for me.
Using your colours you can see the demolished window becomes a new (black) wall with red (demolished frame.

NOTE: windows in a "NEW" wall can only be "NEW" windows and windows in a "DEMOLISHED" wall can only be "DEMOLISHED".

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Yvonne
Advocate
Thanks for the reply Barry.

so i've got the override set to show new walls black. which doesn't include new wall generated by demolished windows. so i have to the override for new elements to black as well. Is this the best way to do it?

Is there a way to show this?
- existing wall demolished window
- demolished elements hidden
- 'new' wall black in the grey existing wall
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
Barry Kelly
So in your renovation filters, existing is set to grey solid fill, new is set to black solid fill and demolished is set to red solid fill.
Then you place a demolished window in an existing wall.
You set the renovation filter so existing is 'Override' (or could be 'Show"), new is "Override' and demolished is 'Hidden'.

This is what I get.

The window is hidden but the hole is filled with a 'New" wall automatically.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!