BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Grid Line draggable ends

sknsnw9
Booster

I don't like it when the grid goes through my plans so I used the 2nd option on the floor plan grid line style.  Is there a way to have one of the ends stay stationary while the other end is draggable to where it needs to go?  As of right now, if I drag one end, the other will follow the same distance and that will push it right through the plans.  Not ideal, but I guess my current work around is the dimensions will help with that line, but I rather have the grid line style I have showing instead of solid line.  Just checking to making sure I'm not missing something.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

sknsnw9:

What I am seeing here, with the second option selected, is when I select the movable hotspot at either end of the grid line, and have the Move Node option (furthest right) selected in the Pet Palette, only the selected end moves, the other end stays in place. I am not seeing any difference in this behavior regardless of the Grid Line option selected (hide, segment or entire).

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
sknsnw9
Booster

Hmm, are you using the node by the head or by the end of the line? I rather the line to move and the head to stay in place, but if I click on the end of line node and move the line, the other side will move the same distance.  However, if i move the node by the head then it moves independently from the other side which is not what I want since I want the head stay in the same place with the rest of the grid. I did use move node option for all actions.

I've attached the video.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

sknsnw9:

I am seeing the same behavior here (I did not understand earlier that you were referring to the length of the line segment, not the location of the other end of the grid line). I think the issue is that the Grid Line has one parameter for the length of the line at both ends (Settings > Floor Plan > Staggering) so both ends will always have the same Staggering value. 

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
sknsnw9
Booster

Thanks for confirming.  I guess this is a wish list item.

Learn and get certified!