Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hairline Printing in Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought there was a way to get hairline printing output from setting the output to hairlines in Plotmaker. The plotmaker option I find says its a screen only control not a printing control.
I finally managed to get my first cd book together in plotmaker 3 and my sections are hidiously fatlined and unreadable.
Where do I need to fix the problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Hari wrote:
I thought there was a way to get hairline printing output from setting the output to hairlines in Plotmaker. The plotmaker option I find says its a screen only control not a printing control.
I finally managed to get my first cd book together in plotmaker 3 and my sections are hidiously fatlined and unreadable.
Where do I need to fix the problem?

Check this out http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/print_plot/hairlinethickness.html
It may be the answer you are looking for?

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben; As an interested "new member" I clicked on your link and it said it was no longer available. I will try to find a link that works and post it. If you can think of why it doesn't work, let us know.
__archiben
Booster
it probably wasn't working because graphisoft have just overhauled their entire archiguide site.

it can now be found at:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/hairlinethickness.html

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
aahatimo
Newcomer
~/archiben wrote:
it probably wasn't working because graphisoft have just overhauled their entire archiguide site.
~/archiben


great job graphisoft! archiguide has been a bit stale lately. until yesterday it had not been updated since jan 03. i was wondering why they had a link to it in the upper left hand corner.
yet another great new tool.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Djordje
Ace
"Ben Odonnell wrote:
Check this out http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/print_plot/hairlinethickness.htmlIt may be the answer you are looking for?


The right link is http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/hairlinethickness.html

The ArchiGuide is completely rehauled, so please update your favourites!
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen


Hari:

You need to control the thickness of your lines inside Archicad.
The attributes manager is the best place to do it. You can set the lines to pt. (points) or mm (milimeters).
Make a simple drawing with your lines and plot the drawing.
Make any adjustment of the thickness and plot again until you are satisfied.
These should avoid your "fat" lines.

For hairlines inside Plotmaker, the only way I know is to go to OPTIONS, ALL PENS AND COLORS and tediously, change the thickness of each line used in the drawing.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP