BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Having automatic revision ID with letters, is it possible?

DA_ARCHICAD
Contributor

Hello guys

First post here so I'll try this out.

I'm trying to create an office standard where the revision IDs in the change manager process being in letters, A, B , C etc. (see image), and also it being smart where it recognise that it needs to start over the letter count for every layout that gets it's first change.

The problem I have right now is that the Revision ID follows the same numbering of the Transmittal ID, is there a way to break these apart so that the Revision ID has an automatic numbering of letters?

Do you guys have any ideas that could help here?

Thanks

1.png

2 REPLIES 2

When you set up your TransmittalSet - tick the box that says "Override Revision ID of all included layouts"
I'm pretty sure that should do the trick.

You can take a look here as well: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/128649/

RevisionID.png

RevisionID.png
Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future
DA_ARCHICAD
Contributor

Thank you for the respons

Thats what I did in my screenshot, but doing that will only make the Transmittal ID and the Revision ID the same for me, as it looks in the image I uploaded.

I can make the Transmittal ID with a Letter and then the Revision ID will follow along for the first transmittal. But when doing that, the next transmittal set gives a revision ID of 0 all of the sudden for the layouts that has it first change, see image 2.  

So it's kind of 2 seperate issues here, first having the transmittal ID and the Revision ID have different count methods and second, why do I get a revision ID of a 0 all of the sudden for the next transmittals. Hope I'm making my self clear here.

2.png

Learn and get certified!