BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Just installed AC15 - have a minor problem that any custom door dimension markers/ID`s are not showing up on my floorplan.

Open the same job in AC14 & they are there.

I`m sure its a simple fix, checked the model view options & layer setting etc but can`t seem to work it out.

Suggestions anyone?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Worked it out

It is all to do with the new renovation tool. When opening an existing AC-14 drawing in AC-15 all the building elements seem to be automatically put on the "Existing Status" layer with in the Renovation Tool - when I changed the wall with the door to be on the "New Status" layer the door marker appeared
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
dan wrote:
Worked it out

It is all to do with the new renovation tool. When opening an existing AC-14 drawing in AC-15 all the building elements seem to be automatically put on the "Existing Status" layer with in the Renovation Tool - when I changed the wall with the door to be on the "New Status" layer the door marker appeared
I've found the default to "Existing" to be very frustrating -- it seems to me a default to "New" would cause fewer surprises when migrating to AC15.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
dan wrote:
Worked it out

I've found the default to "Existing" to be very frustrating -- it seems to me a default to "New" would cause fewer surprises when migrating to AC15.
Yep something so simple yet took me 2hrs to figure out Every new version release seems to be the same - it takes a week to iron out all the little issues with existing jobs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same thing just happened here... and thanks to AC talk for helping understand why my markers weren't showing up.

What is the recommended best practice workflow when designing non-renovation projects? Set all elements to "existing"? or to "new"? Or does it matter as long as one is aware of what reno filter is currently in play?
Anonymous
Not applicable
dan wrote:
Yep something so simple yet took me 2hrs to figure out Every new version release seems to be the same - it takes a week to iron out all the little issues with existing jobs

It's just take me 15 min for the first time to figure out why my team member wall materials shown different on 3D (it's being on Override Renovation Status) but it's enough to make me look stupid !

leporello wrote:
Same thing just happened here... and thanks to AC talk for helping understand why my markers weren't showing up.

What is the recommended best practice workflow when designing non-renovation projects? Set all elements to "existing"? or to "new"? Or does it matter as long as one is aware of what reno filter is currently in play?

Hi leporello,
I think GS know about that, and their recommendation also shown on "Help", just don't know why they didn't make it default.

Other Renovation Tips & Tricks & Best Practices on ArchiCADwiki will answer your questions. Many thanks to the AC Community !
www.archicadwiki.com/Renovation
Renovation Best Practice.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for ironing out the issue somewhat. It took me a lot longer than 15 minutes to find the answer. My window dimensions now show up in orange as a trace reference and I am running in circles trying to find combinations and layers that may allow these to show.
Has anyone found how to fix this? Many thanks if you can at all help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doug

Door marker display is set in your Model View Option settings (under Document> Set Model View> Model View Options) where you will need to set Door Options: to Show on Plans, with Markers. It could be that the view your Trace Reference is displaying is set to show markers, but your current view is not.

Add your Archicad version and computer specs to signature in your profile (link above) as "results may vary".
Learn and get certified!