Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to add cement render and painting to RC wall? etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently I am drawing a planter box and measurement is above floor level.

I have completed drawing the perimeter wall and the layer of filling.

1) How to rename the layer of filling?

2) How to add cement render and painting/tiles finishes to the perimeter RC wall?

3) There is a layer of "geotextiles" which cover from the internal perimeter wall to the bottom of the earth layer. Cant imagine how to do that.

4) How to show the quantity volume like you show the stamp of Zone area?

Just number the one you want to answer. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
It sounds from your questions and a number of your posts that some training is in order -- just a suggestion.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
To answer the questions -

1) Not sure what you mean. Please explain further!
2) Try using a composite wall fill with several skins representing the structural part and the render/tiles.
3) Use a very thin skin of wall around the sides, and a very thin slab at the bottom both set slightly away from the structure.
4) Place a zone manually within the walls, and set the height correctly. Adjust the zone stamp to display just the volume.

If you need more detailed advice, please show a picture or sketch of what you want to achieve.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My answer to nr. 3:
I make a custom FILL for waterproofing skin (or a layer of "geotextiles" in your case) in Composite Walls, Slabs and Roofs. Using Attribute Manager APEND the ".att" file (it´s a Composite Wall) to your project. Doing this all 3 FILL´s will be added to your project database. Adjust the SCALE of this Fills to your need.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That Composite WALL looks pretty good:
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55 wrote:
My answer to nr. 3:
I make a custom FILL for waterproofing skin (or a layer of "geotextiles" in your case) in Composite Walls, Slabs and Roofs.
Can you teach me how to create my own aat files? I have created brick wall with both side plastered (in 3 layers separately) only to find out that I have problem insert a door to the wall. The door only shows on one side.
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. aat files......Options > Element Attributes > Attribute Manager: Select elements for Export, click Append, Save As, OK.

2. Your WALL is made by 3 separated walls. To see the door on both sides do a COMPOSITE WALL (like my example in the .aat file).

3. You are new to AC, so use the .pdf Guides in the Documentation folder.