Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to adjust shadow brightness in Sections / Elevations when using "Own Surface Colors (Shaded)"

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I adjust the brightness of the shadow being cast by objects in my Section when it is using the "shaded" option? When I use "Own Surface Colour (Non-shaded)" it seems to give me an option of changing the Shadow polygons
10 REPLIES 10
The color of the shadow is linked to a hatch and a hatch pen, just edit them
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry not following, can you post a screenshot please?

It deals with a french version... Sorry about this
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes adjusting the hatch is available for "non-shaded", my query was how to adjust when using "shaded"
Can you illustrate you request ?
What's your graphics aim precisely ?
Why my screen capture do not satisfy yourself (expect the choice of hatch and color of hatch of course) ?
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same question. I am aware there is a way to edit the fill of the shadow with the elevation set to "Own Surface Colors (Non-shaded)". But is there a way to adjust the shadows fill when your elevation is set to "Own Surface Colors (Shaded)"? Or am I misunderstanding this setting? Thanks.
By using "Own Surface Colors (Shaded)" I think you don't
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
What I'd like to do is adjust the darkness of the fill when using "shaded"

See examples 1 and 2. With example 1 (non-shaded), you can adjust the shadow fill, say I can set it to various fills

With example 2 (shaded), this setting does not appear. You can only show shadows ON and OFF - no editing of the shadow fills.

What's the reason behind in Example 2 you cannot edit the shadow fills?
Lingwisyer
Guru
benjamin_chan wrote:
What's the reason behind in Example 2 you cannot edit the shadow fills?

My guess would be that Shaded is not generated using the vectorial engine hence the lack of fill options.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660