BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How to change a rule?

DaniBaiana
Participant

Hi everyone,

can someone help me change or deactivate this rule? Picture in attach.

Thank you so much

rule.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cuba
Advocate

I do not recommend it but it is possible.  (I suggest making  a custom windowopening :  https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/_AC26_Help/040_ElementsVB/040_ElementsVB-294.htm )

Removing the rule: 

Open the object (ctrl-shift-o), and in the parameter scrip add "!" in line 35 >> Values "openingArchHeight"

GDL parameter.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

View solution in original post

Solution

@DaniBaiana wrote:

But I have to ask why you don't recommend it and can I use this for all object with that rule? 

You are altering a default Graphisoft library object.

You can now never update that object if the library gets updated, unless you make the same changes again.

Same will happen in the next version of Archicad, you will have to make the same changes to the object again.

Save it as a new object that you can load in your office library, along side the default one.

That way you will always have this amended object (that will have the changes you want but will never get updated) and you will also have the default object (that will get updated but won't have the changes that you want).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
cuba
Advocate

I do not recommend it but it is possible.  (I suggest making  a custom windowopening :  https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/_AC26_Help/040_ElementsVB/040_ElementsVB-294.htm )

Removing the rule: 

Open the object (ctrl-shift-o), and in the parameter scrip add "!" in line 35 >> Values "openingArchHeight"

GDL parameter.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

Thank you so much, it worked. But I have to ask why you don't recommend it and can I use this for all object with that rule? 

Thank you once again! 

Solution

@DaniBaiana wrote:

But I have to ask why you don't recommend it and can I use this for all object with that rule? 

You are altering a default Graphisoft library object.

You can now never update that object if the library gets updated, unless you make the same changes again.

Same will happen in the next version of Archicad, you will have to make the same changes to the object again.

Save it as a new object that you can load in your office library, along side the default one.

That way you will always have this amended object (that will have the changes you want but will never get updated) and you will also have the default object (that will get updated but won't have the changes that you want).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Helpfull as always. Thank you so much Barry!

Learn and get certified!