BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to edit existing labels?

kylevfa
Booster

I was wondering if there was a way for me to edit existing labels? I currently have this associate label used to annotate the finish of surface however, I want to edit the label to look like the one below it (add a line through the middle, and add text to the right of the label). Would this be possible without having to completely create an entire new label from scratch but rather edit the one I am already using somehow? Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 3.34.45 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
kylevfa
Booster

I figure this is a lost cause as I have learned that this will take a bit of coding knowledge. I managed to edit the code to allow for the line but can't seem to figure out how to add the additional text.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Did you create the Label by drawing the lines and Autotexts and using the "File > Libraries and Objects > Save Selection As > Label" menu command?

What if you modify the source elements and save them again under the same name, overwriting the previous version?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

No, this is an existing default label from Archicad which has a slew of parameter adjustments baked in already. I have tried adding the Autotext next to the label and resaving it as a new Label however all the original labels functions are lost in the process sadly.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, indeed, if this is a default Label then you would have to modify its GDL Script to allow for new functionality, which require pretty good knowledge of GDL as these are complex Library Parts. So you will be best off creating your custom Labels as mentioned above.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!