Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to export large image floorplan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically I want to export basic floor plans in large dimensions that are apprx. 1920x1200. How would I go about doing this?

Normally the size it automatically makes the floor plan within the layout is big enough, but I'm making a book so I want it to be very high quality.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Ingolf
Advocate
Hello!

I am not quite sure if I have understood you correctly. But if you need to print to PDF with a higher quality than default, this is an option: Go to Layout Book (not Publisher Sets) and print via PDF. Choose a higher quality as the picture under shows. Good luck!
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Ingolf
Advocate
...and we try once more....
2009-08-31 Print Layout to PDF and Choose Print Quality.jpg
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you can setup large paper then print out to PDF with the choice of DPI
It should be fine for your book at smaller scale/size
cheers,
Karl Ottenstein
And, if you really mean 'image' (jpeg, tiff, etc) rather than PDF, then just open your PDF in Photoshop and specify the conversion resolution. The vector elements in the PDF will be rasterized at the specified pixel dimensions.

The dpi settings in the PDF output dialog have no affect on vector linework, only on graphic images within the PDF (cover fills, pictures, etc).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
adamvk wrote:
Basically I want to export basic floor plans in large dimensions that are apprx. 1920x1200. How would I go about doing this?

Normally the size it automatically makes the floor plan within the layout is big enough, but I'm making a book so I want it to be very high quality.

Thanks.
Set your paper size to A3 or A2, or some other biggish size, set the plans publishing set to that size, publish to PDFs.

Then you can do what you want with them ... Illustrator, Photoshop ...

Don't worry about dpi too much. The standard print rarely goes beyond 600 dpi. It is the pixel count (equal to the paper size times dpi) that really counts.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen