BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to make area appear on sheet?

Kamelite
Advocate
So, here is the question: How do I set up the sheet template so that the buildngs footprint area appears automaticly when a plan view is placed on the sheet?

I tried autotext, but I didn't figure out what value I had to pick! Do I have to make a zone of the footprints area?
Or is it another way of solving this?

.Thnx
Windows 10, Archicad 27
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
You can use zones but I actually use and empty fill perimeter in a 'Perimeter' layer.
These fills have the ID named for what they represent - Residence, Garage, Alfresco, etc.

I then set up a schedule that looks for these fills in that particular layer with and ID that is not "" (empty or blank).

You then create a view of the schedule and place that schedule on a layout.
You won't see the areas directly on your plan, but you can use the layout page as a trace reference, and then you will see the scheduled areas as you work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Kamelite
Advocate
Barry wrote:
You can use zones but I actually use and empty fill perimeter in a 'Perimeter' layer.
These fills have the ID named for what they represent - Residence, Garage, Alfresco, etc.

I then set up a schedule that looks for these fills in that particular layer with and ID that is not "" (empty or blank).

You then create a view of the schedule and place that schedule on a layout.
You won't see the areas directly on your plan, but you can use the layout page as a trace reference, and then you will see the scheduled areas as you work.
Barry.

I'll give it a go! Thank you so much!

.Kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27
Barry Kelly
Also if you just want to display the area text of each fill, you can turn the option on to "Show are text".
The text can be moved but there is no way to get a total of areas like you can with a schedule.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Bruce
Expert
Used to be you could control the visibility of this area text with the MVO settings...but that was before Graphic Overrides. How does one control this visibility now?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Barry Kelly
Bruce wrote:
Used to be you could control the visibility of this area text with the MVO settings...but that was before Graphic Overrides. How does one control this visibility now?
Are you sure?
You could control zone stamp visibility but I don't think you could control area text visibility with MVO.
This is the MVO from 18.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Bruce
Expert
Hmm. It's been a long time, and I'm going from memory, so could easily be mistaken.

So how DO you turn off the area text independently to the fill?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Barry Kelly
Bruce wrote:
So how DO you turn off the area text independently to the fill?
The only way I know is in the fill settings as I showed before.
But there is no way to globally control it (other than turning the fill layer off) that I can think of.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Bruce
Expert
Something wrong with my memory!!

Of course, you can label fills these days and use the Dimension label.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Learn and get certified!