Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How to represent an empty space

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm trying to draw a plan with a two stories, double height, living room. I do so with a hole in my slab.
The problem is that when I go to the layout view and import my plan, that hole appears as an empty, white square in my second floor.

I would like to represent the empty space with an X or boput with an X and a gray projection of the first floor below.

Is that possble?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
The 'X' you will have to draw with lines in an annotation layer (or any layer that is visible really).

For the grey projection of the ground floor, you can overlay the ground floor and upper floor drawing in the layout.
Use a grey pen set for the ground floor.
You may have to create the pen set by duplicating an existing one and changing the colours to grey.
This way you can control how grey you want the pens to be, some can even be black or remain coloured.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
The 'X' you will have to draw with lines in an annotation layer (or any layer that is visible really).

For the grey projection of the ground floor, you can overlay the ground floor and upper floor drawing in the layout.
Use a grey pen set for the ground floor.
You may have to create the pen set by duplicating an existing one and changing the colours to grey.
This way you can control how grey you want the pens to be, some can even be black or remain coloured.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the answer!