BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to show different depts in elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

When generating exterior elevations I´d like to show different depts using different line thickness based on how far away the object is. Can I do this some how? I usually gives all uncut lines the same color and then add lines in different color but it would be a lot easier if there were a way to do this automatically.

// Maria
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only automatic option at the moment is the Marked Distant Area option in elevation settings, where you can set elements beyond a certain line to show different to elements in front of that line. Not very flexible as it can only be a single line / plane (cannot be stepped like the elevation line itself).

If you're using AC20 you could explore Graphic Overrides, but I am not sure if this will achieve what you want.

It would be a good idea to fill out the signature field in your forum profile (link above) with your AC version and system setup, as answers can vary.
In addition to s2art's suggestions, which should work fine, you can also use a percentage transparent fill with a white pen. This will "grey" areas down a little, although you may need to try different fills to get the effect you want. Another possibility is to stack two (or more) copies in layout. The bottom one would be totally grey and perhaps a narrow line version. (Use a different pen set.) The top elevation would have just the foreground areas shown, and would be the heavier lines. Personally, I like the marked distant area solution the best, since it's automatic.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks!
Learn and get certified!